Access Statement for Swiss Cottage:
We would like to cater for the needs of all visitors to our home which has available two double first floor bedrooms for bed and breakfast purposes. This statement summarises the accessibility of our establishment for those who require this information.
We have a comprehensive website which provides full information regarding Swiss Cottage and Marlow town and surrounding area.
Guests normally arrive by car but there is a bus service to within 200 yards of our front gate.
Marlow Train Station is about five minutes away and connects to Maidenhead Station which is the main line to Paddington, London. High Wycombe Station connects to Marylebone, London – High Wycombe is about four miles away from Swiss Cottage.
Heathrow Airport is about 30 minutes drive away and Gatwick Airport is about 1-1.25 hours away. We have a good local taxi service and can provide telephone numbers for you if required.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Our double entrance gates are open 24 hours
- There is parking on site at Swiss Cottage for four cars
- The surface is level and consists of brick paving
- We can assist with luggage if required
- Marlow town centre is about three minutes drive from Swiss Cottage
There is one step at the front door threshold which is 20 cm high. The front door is locked but there is a bell and door knocker and the door is 81 cm wide. The large hall/reception area has wood flooring which is throughout Swiss Cottage including the stairs.
The stairs steps are 19cm high and the stairs turn a corner on the way up.
The first floor landing is 1.25 cm wide to Bedroom 1 and 90 cm wide to Bedroom 2.
First floor double bedroom with en-suite shower
- Door width 76cm wide opening inwards
- Shower cubicle step is 14 cm high
- Free floor space of approx 2 sq. metres
- Basin is set into a vanity unit which is 76 cm high
- Toilet is 43 cm high
- The double bed is 64 cm high
- Between walls and each side of bed, there is a total space 2 mtrs.
First floor double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Door width 62cm inward opening to lobby measuring 1 sq.metre
- Door into bathroom width 74cm inward opening
- Bath is 56cm high with two grab rails with power shower over
- Free floor space of approx 3 sq. metres
- Basin is set into a vanity unit which is 77cm high
- Toilet is 43cm high
- The double bed is 53 cm high
- Between walls and each side of bed, there is a total space of 1 mtre
Kitchen diner is on the ground floor:
Door width 74 cm opening into kitchen. Seating comprises two square tables with two chairs at each table and this can be made into one for a family.
The information above gives basic accessibility details. If you require further information then we are happy to provide this and help in whatever way we can. Do please call us 07752 032407 or email John or Judy via the website